We have awesome plans for you!
Regular/Senior Ruby Developer
Strypes is a Dutch company with an extensive background in software development. For 14 years we have built a team of over 500 people in 4 offices (Sofia, Plovdiv, Burgas, and Eindhoven) and many homes.
Together we take ownership over application roadmaps for our clients and structure their overall application landscape.
Our client is ASML – the world’s leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits and chips which are to be found in everyday life smartphones, laptops, etc.
Designing and building complex software requires state-of-the-art software tools. That’s what we do at IT Product & Technology Software Innovation:
- using the Scaled Agile Framework way of working to provide a world-class development environment with efficient pipelines to our embedded software engineers
- making sure software can be stored, edited, validated, automatically tested, built and deployed across all our software stacks and machines
- extending and transforming the existing IDE into a world-class environment by continuously innovating and introducing new tools like GitHub Actions, Bazel, Docker, Kubernetes and much more.
- All while making sure that the development environment is well supported!
Our goal? That our magic empowers our embedded colleagues to do their magic.
Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for an experienced Engineer to join our distributed team. As part of our DevOps team, you will support and develop support tools for developers for the world’s leading semiconductor lithography company (situated in the Netherlands).
Tools are used with the integrated software development environment, as part of the build systems which are based on GNU Make and Gradle, providing a meta-layer between the users and the actual build.
Tools are also used as part of decision-making tooling used by cluster architects, as well as a diverse number of helpers written in Ruby, Python, Perl, Shell ( Bash/Ksh )
Required Technical Skills
- Expertise in scripting: Ruby
Optional Technical Skills
- Shell, Python, Perl, Groovy
- Hands-on Linux (RHEL 6, 7)
- Working knowledge of Git and the Bitbucket Server platform
- Experience with CI servers such as Jenkins and Bamboo
- Experience with build automation tooling: GNU Make and Gradle
- Packaging knowledge: Solaris and/or RHEL packages
- Familiar with Agile Software Development: Scrum, Kanban
- Experience with Test and Behavior Driven Development (TDD/BDD)
- Experience in a unit, functional and integration testing (RSpec, Cucumber, Gherkin)
- Knowledge of IBM ClearCase and ClearMake
- Team player
- Robust personality
- Еxcellent command of spoken and written English
- Analytical and problem-solving mindset
#LI-YS1 #LI-Remote #LI-DNI