We have awesome plans for you!
Outsource Manager (Wilton, CT)
Strypes is a company with extensive experience in software development. With a team of over 700 people, we take ownership of application roadmaps for our clients and structure their overall application landscape.
Founded in 2008, currently, the company is a proud member of the ICT Group in the Netherlands. The ICT Group is an IT company founded in 1978 and consists of more than 15 brands.
Our teams consist of talented hard-working professionals who love sharing their knowledge, experience, and joyous moments with their colleagues!
Our team has a unique opportunity for a Technical Outsource Manager in Connecticut, USA who will work as an intermediate between our High Tech Customer and remote teams in Bulgaria.
Our main client is ASML – the largest semiconductor equipment manufacturer in the world. We are their trusted partner and work side-by-side with them on multiple software and infrastructure projects.
- As a Technical Outsource manager, you’ll create, maintain and extend the business by building and managing long-term relations with our customers.
- You will serve as a liaison between the client and the team in Bulgaria and support them with your technical knowledge and broad experience.
As a trusted partner you will manage new leads and lead them to become nearshoring projects; discuss engineering requests; bring insights from different customer departments to the table.
You will be visiting the client daily in Wilton, CT.
Your position can be defined as critical for all stakeholders.
You will be responsible for customer relationships and be the prime contact for our customers regarding projects, in a complex, demanding and frequently changing environment.
- You’ll have an eye out for signalling any deviations in quality, lead time and budget, you’ll bring them up and manage them.
To achieve awareness of customers’ needs you’ll bring these signals and customer feelings to the team. You’ll ensure 2-way communication and manage escalations from the Bulgarian team to the client.
Your experience brings responsibility and ownership to the projects which ensure that our solutions are sustainable and embedded thoroughly in our client’s organization.
- Client communication on multiple levels: with technical specialists, project managers, discipline leaders and assigned staff involved in the projects
- Attend onsite meetings with the customer
Align on requirements (functional and technical), project planning, tracking and reporting
Provide technical consultancy in your field of expertise
Serve as a (technical) liaison between the customer and the remote development team(s)
Collaborate on the (long-term) outsourced product road-map/vision creation and align with relevant stakeholders
Close the gaps that come with nearshoring and develop structural solutions
Develop budgets for engineering proposals
Initiate follow-up on project sales and manage additional budgets
Identify new leads within your field of play
Develop your knowledge to become a fully committed and respected team member
- Think on a conceptual level and be able to analyze the impact, (high level) design, prepare and breakdown work of the planned features
- Align regularly with the client about priorities, scope and dependencies (with the software teams).
Required Skills and Experience
Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in a technical area
Strong communication skills across functions and teams, up and down the chain of command
3+ years experience in Project Management
5+ years’ experience in a software development environment (e.g. as SW Architect and/or SW/Engineer)
In-depth experience with designing and writing software
Experience with leading SCRUM-based projects
Quick learning skills to level with the customer and the technical team
The ability to influence people to get things done
Strong negotiation skills and ability to proactively deal with conflicts and related escalation methods
Excellent English communication skills
Would Be Preferred to Have Experience With
Outsourcing way of work
Working in a High Tech embedded environment
You Should Also Be
A highly motivated self-starter with a passion for accomplishing results
A team player
Able to work frequently on-site at our customer
- Willing to travel to Bulgaria regularly (min. 3 times a year of average a week)
- US resident who’s lived and worked for at least 10 years in the USA
A challenging job in a High Tech context with high customer intimacy based on a long-term relationship.
Health Insurance benefits and 401k plan benefit
Paid holiday right – 20 days per calendar year & Federal Holidays (bank holidays) in the US
Paid sick leave
Internet and phone costs – 100 USD net per month
Travel expenses to the customers within the USA will be on behalf of Strypes
Travels from/to USA – BG/NL will be on Strypes expense
Additional days off
Work remotely or in
any of our offices
Personal development program
See detailed list
We would like to make you feel awesome
- Opportunity to work from any of our offices
- Regular team events
- Kids parties and activities
- Newborn present
- Referral program
- Short introduction program
- Internal learning portal
- Unlimited access to Udemy trainings
- Individual development program
- Internal rewards platform
- Car loyalty program
- Bonus programs
- Additional days off (25 days in total)
- Referral programs
- Extra paid days off for university students
- Flexible working hours
- Additional health and accident insurance
- Psychological therapy
- Massages in the office
- Sponsorship for your external initiatives