Junior Ruby Engineer
Company InformationStrypes is a company with extensive experience in the software development. With a team of over 170 people we take ownership over application roadmaps for our clients and structure their overall application landscape. We are a leading software development partner for software product companies in the fast-paced high-tech industry, which requires innovative (embedded) software development. We create an environment that will help you achieve your professional goals. Founded in 2008, currently the company is a proud member of the ICT Group in the Netherlands. The ICT Group is a stock listed IT company that was founded in 1978 and employs over 1000 professionals worldwide.
Compensation Benefits- Short introduction program part of which is held at clients side;
- Personal freedom to solve complex problems;
- Competitive salary;
- Friendly work environment;
- Flexible working hours;
- Regular team events;
- Supplementary health insurance;
- Probation period of 3 months;
- Loyalty program:
* after every year worked an extra day holiday (max of 5 extra);
* after the third year budget for a lease car.
Strypes is a company with extensive experience in software development. With a team of over 170 people we take ownership over application roadmaps for our clients and structure their overall application landscape. We are a leading software development partner for software product companies in the fast-paced high-tech industry, which requires innovative (embedded) software development. We create an environment that will help you achieve your professional goals.
The collaboration between exceptional people is our way to provide Quality and Innovative solutions to our clients in the area of New Initiatives, Application Modernization and Application Management.
Our people make up a dynamic, fast-moving, entrepreneurial community. The one where people who can say “yes, I’ll do it” without yet knowing the solution; have an advantage. An advantage that leads to personal growth, professional development, and peer-group recognition.
Do you get excited about finding and solving complex software issues? Do you have excellent communication skills? Are you the build engineer looking for the next step in his/her career? We are looking for highly efficient practically oriented engineers who enjoy solving problems and working in a fun and innovative environment. You will contribute in delivering, installing and building high quality complex software in a highly skilled small team using SCRUM and other agile methods.
- Ensuring timely delivery of road map items;
- Developing new features in an agile manner;
- Debugging and fixing problems in the existing code;
- Ensuring up-to-date and high-quality documentation;
- Ensuring performance on daily basis with clear understand of the quality concepts of software (Clean code, design patterns, etc);
- As a Scrum team member actively to participate in Scrum Sprint Plannings, Dailies, Refinement and Retrospective Meetings.
- BSc or MSc in Computer science, Mathematics, Physics, Mechanics, or Electronics.
- Some experience with Ruby, Groovy, Gradle, Scripting
- Experience with buildsystems
- Unix/Linux OS (services, configuration, tools)
- Scrum/Kanban process frameworks.
- We ask for a willingness to travel (4 days every 6 weeks)
Advantages will be knowledge and experience with:
- gmake, clearmake, etc.
- Shell, Perl
- ClearCase version control system
- Continous Integration (Jenkins)
- Work experience in a multinational environment is desirable but not mandatory.
- Team player;
- Robust personality;
- Analytical and problem solving mindset;
- Ability to work independent in a dynamic environment;
- Strong analytic view combined with pragmatic attitude (flexibility);
- Open communication attitude: listening actively and giving feedback;
- Excellent knowledge of English (both written and verbal).
We are looking for more experienced developers that are experts in another field but have the willingness to learn Ruby and work with it long term.
Apply now and upload your CV!
Do you want to be a part of our team?
Let us get acquainted today! Provide your details below and we will contact you as soon as possible. Click below for our application form.Apply now